There are so many killer moments in Stanley Kubrick's film adaptation of The Shining that will never leave me--I'm talking childhood traumatization here...
what Mr. Kubrick masterfully crafted was a perfect marriage of audio and visual that penetrated my mind stabbing each and every sensory receptor into agonizing submission.
Of course, he had great source material to draw inspiration from in legendary scribe, Stephen King's seminal novel of the same title.
• "Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in!"
• "Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in. Not by the hair of your chiny-chin-chin? Well then I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in."
• "Here's Johnny!"
• "Well, let's just wait and see. We're all going to have a real good time."
• "The loser has to keep America clean!"
• "You son of a bitch! You did this to him, didn't you! How could you! How could you!"
• "Tony is a little boy that lives in my mouth."
• "You're scared of Room 237, ain't ya?"
• "Redrum. Redrum. REDRUM!"
• "Well he looks like a Doc to me."
• "Eh... What's up Doc?"
• "Has Tony ever told you anything about this place? About the Overlook Hotel?"
• "Nothin'. There ain't nothin' in Room 237. But you ain't got no business goin' in there anyway. So stay out. You understand? Stay out."
THE GRADY TWINS
• "Hello, Danny. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Danny. Forever... and ever... and ever."
• "Women: can't live with them, can't live without them."
• "What will you be drinking, sir?"
• "How are things going, Mr. Torrance?"